Marching with Marshall

Marching with Marshall
Sam Houston National Forest Ranger Station

Thursday, June 17, 2010

A Gathering of the McStravick Clan: A Special thank you

Marchers,
There are too many people to thank for their support but I would like to try and do so, one day at a time.

Today, it is my family. My wife, Peggy, made two days of the walk and helped keep everyone going. My son Patrick, worked two of the first days, and did a fine job moving and shuttling between areas. My nephew, Robert, made forty miles of the walk on the first two days and never complained, even as his feet began to like like ground beef. But he did not quit, we just needed him to drive for the last two days, and again, he did not complain, he just jumped in the truck, smiled and took the trailer wherever Jerry told him too.

By Day Two, my sister Cathey, just up for a visit, began to hand out grapes, drinks, and became the picture taker of merit. She allowed her two daughters to go on the trek Sunday, and they made the whole distance, walking and talking. Molly never left Katie's side, as they want side by side through the forest. Cathey shows up on the Day Three with my Mother, who stays long enough to watch the day turn dark, and get bitten by a bee trying to take in our dinner. Cathey had not forgotten our needs and brought grapes, ice, and celery to our whole crew, leaving Jerry with directions for us to eat it all. Her energy was contagious and fun filled.

Day Four brought out my older brother, Peter, who brought, ice, kolaches and much needed coffee. He stayed half a day, but left me in great spirits with his presence and help.

Keep in mind, I did not ask them to help, they offered or just showed up. For their love and help, I am forever grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment